Monday, October 6, 2014

SOS Breakout!




When I moved to New York City in September, my skin began to break out like crazy. Maybe it is the polluted air of the city, seeing as I am from the clean mountains of Switzerland, but I cannot truly say. Either way it has not been good. I needed to take actions, so I decided to pay a little visit to my good friend Sephora. How is it that each time I walk into a Sephora I end up spending so much more money on things I don’t really need? But I’m sure I’m not the only one. Anyway, this time I managed to control myself and only bought the things I actually needed.

The first Item I purchased was the Murad Acne Clearing Solution. The main ingredient is Salicylic Acid (0.5%), which is great for fighting breakouts and keeping your skin clear. I have to say I am pretty impressed, even though I’ve only been using it for a couple of weeks now. I can clearly tell a difference in my skin.  It has gotten rid of all my pimples and kept my skin clear without drying it out.

Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix is awesome for daytime use. Instead of putting the Clearing Solution on in the morning, I put on my usual moisturizer and pinpoint the targeted areas with the Spot Fast Fix. The main ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%), which is much stronger then Salicylic Acid and that’s why you only want to dot it on the breakout since it can be very drying on the skin. I wouldn’t recommend using it if you have sensitive skin, because it can make things worse (which we don’t want).

As for the FAB Facial Radiance Pads, this is the best exfoliate I have ever tried. Not only does it exfoliate, it tones and brightens at the same time. What more can you ask for? People with acne prone skin, like myself, don’t tend to exfoliate, because they were told that doing this only spreads the infection. But they neglected to mention that it really is only the mechanical exfoliation not the chemical exfoliation that does this. The chemical exfoliation is less harsh on the skin and is actually very good for people with acne because it gets ride of the dead skin cells, which are one of the causes for clogged pores. I use it at night after I’ve washed my face, to take off the remainder of my cleanser and boy have I noticed a huge difference in my complexion.


Have you tried either of these, what did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try the FAB pads they sound really good. I know when you mean, every time I walk into boots for one thing, I come out with a full bag.

    worldbloggers.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I promise it's going to change your skin (for the best)! Yeah it's really an issue...:P

      Delete

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);